It's a modern day Sodom & Gommorah. Good beach all year round if sunny. Rock 'condos' keep out the cool breezes off the ocean, great view of incoming ships and sea lions while you . Can be up to 300 people on peak days.
Crowd: Everything from Castro boys on sunny weekends, to hippie and German tourists other days, some married guys after work.
Parking lot off Lincoln Blvd by south end of the Bridge. Hike down trails at either end of two-part beach.
Guys hang out around military ruins by top of trails, too.
- Crowd:Everything from Castro boys on sunny weekends, to hippie and German tourists other days, some married guys after work.
- Hours:Any sunny day for beach, late afternoons into evenings for the 'bunkers'.
- Cruising Info/ Tips:North and south ends of beach are best, especially south, where trails lead up into woods.
Cruisiest Spots: Bushes, bunkers, trails, beach.
- Nudity / Policy:Yes / Only on beach, national park land. Very popular.
- Wheelchair Accessible:No
- Warnings:Occasional ranger strolls the beach, never seen anyone hassled. Some families on weekends up top by parking lots, taking pictures of the bridge.
Warnings: Must be in physical shape to get to beach. If it's windy or foggy, don't go.